Most consumers will carry auto and home insurance because it is required by the State, as well as any lienholders. However, many times people neglect to obtain insurance for their other possessions or even their pets. Just because your items may be a bit out of the ordinary, that does mean you cannot get high quality insurance for your toys, such as ATVs, RVs, and watercrafts, and pets. With additional possessions and toys also comes additional risk. It is recommended to protect your finances and assets with an umbrella policy, also known as a “personal liability policy.” Here are a few common types of other insurance policies.
Visit with our licensed agents about how to properly cover all of your assets with the right type of policy and appropriate amount of coverage.
- ATV Insurance - ATVs such as 4-wheelers and mules are very common to Texans. This type of policy will provide cost-effective coverage for your toys in the event of injury, physical damage, or comprehensive losses.
- Pet Insurance - Covers your pet for everything that matters including injuries, illnesses, genetic conditions, and emergency care.
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Insurance - If you own an RV or motorhome, you are likely to be on the road traveling through different areas – often different states. Your RV needs to be insured, just like your daily driver does, and because your monetary investment in the RV is so substantial, you need to be certain you will not lose that large investment if disaster strikes. RV coverage can be written on an individual policy, or oftentimes merged with your current auto policy.
- Watercraft Insurance - Whether your boat or Jet Ski spends half of its life in the garage or it is out on the sea full time, boat insurance is essential. Your boat is exposed to weather and other daily elements, as well as theft and vandalism. Watercrafts also pose a much higher liability risk, due to the high number of accidents that occur on the water. Although some carriers offer a watercraft endorsement on the home insurance policy, coverage may be limited, so it is essential to carry a comprehensive watercraft policy.
- Umbrella Policies - As you acquire toys, assets, and increase your net worth, you are exposed to a higher risk of liability. Umbrella insurance provides a blanket of liability coverage that exceeds your homeowners, car, or watercraft policy. Once the liability limits on those policies have been exhausted, your umbrella policy will be activated. These policies will also cover liability situations relating to rental properties, accusation of libel or slander, and false arrest. The umbrella policy will fill gaps in your existing coverage. There are generally minimum underlying liability limits that must be met before being eligible for an umbrella policy. Visit with our licensed agents about how to properly cover all of your assets with the right type of policy and appropriate amount of coverage.