The tropical storm in the Gulf poses major flood threat for Texas and Oklahoma; flood watches have already been posted for Central and East TX including Houston, San Antonio and Austin.
Here are some flood/storm preparation tips:
1. Have a bag packed with important items.
2. Fill your vehicle’s gas tank.
3. If evacuation is advised, do so immediately.
4. If there is possibility of flash flood, move to higher ground immediately.
5. If possible, bring in outdoor furniture and move essential items to an upper floor.
6. Turn off utilities at the main switches or valves if instructed to do so and disconnect electrical appliances.
7. Do not walk or drive through flooded areas.
8. Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.